Monday 27 August 2012

Turkish Baths (2)

I contacted Preston City council and spoke to Nigel Roberts about possibly viewing the blue prints for the Turkish Baths. He was very helpful and said that if I emailed him a day I was available to come into Preston that we could sort out a time to meet. Unfortunately we were unable to meet up but Mr Roberts was very helpful and gave me a link to view the Blue Prints.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Melanie, 

The best place to start with for looking at original plans will probably be the Lancashire County Records Office just down from the railway station or the local history section of the library at the Harris Museum.

Thanks,
Nigel Roberts
Principal Urban Designer
Preston City Council 




Hi Nigel, 


Thank you very much for helping me, those drawings are perfect and will help me so much with my Honours Project at University. Do you know whether it is possible to view the original plans, when the Turkish Baths were still there?

Kind Regards,
Melanie Cottam





Hi Melanie,


Thanks for your email - Unfortunately I may not be in the office tomorrow as I might need to take day off to look after my children. However the link below should give you access to electronic copies of the most recent drawings we have on file. 

http://publicaccess.preston.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=75882

This should be a good starting point to identify which drawings you might want copies of for your project.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nigel Roberts
Principal Urban Designer
Preston City Council 







Hi, regarding our telephone conversation this afternoon. I was wondering if it was possible to arrange a meeting to view the blue prints of the Turkish Baths, Miller Arcade, for Wednesday 22nd August, as I have already planned to travel to Preston that day anyway.


Kind Regards
Melanie Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment