Friday 24 August 2012

Turkish Baths - Preston

I have recently been contacting Preston Council to try to get copies of the blueprints for the Turkish Baths in Miller Arcade, Preston. The baths have always interested me ever since I first saw the original entrance 2 years ago. I love the beautiful  detailed door and building and I've always had a curious interest in finding out what the Turkish Baths would of looked like when they were open between 1901 and 1947.


Below is the e-mail I sent to Preston Council.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Melanie

You will need to ring Planning Support on (01772) ****** to make appointment to come into our offices to do a history check, if there is any application you need to view, we will order the files from the archives.

Regards
Dawn Wilson
Senior Planning Support Officer
Preston City Council






Hi, my names Melanie Cottam and I am a student at The University of Central Lancashire studying my final year in Interior Design. We are currently doing a project where we have to find and re-design a building and I am very interested in basing my project on the Turkish Baths in Miller Arcade, Preston. I was wondering if it would be possible to get the blue prints and history of the Turkish Baths and surrounding buildings or whether there was anyone in particular I could contact about getting them.

Kind Regards
Melanie Cottam

No comments:

Post a Comment